Family Friendly Sites This is a neat directory that will only list sites which are friendly for children.
This means the site:
1. Contains no adult-themed or sexually explicit text, images, or photographs.
2. Does not accept advertising for alcohol, tobacco, gambling, or pornography.
3. Does not promote hate, violence or discrimination in any way.
4. Does not promote any illegal substances or activities.
5. Posts and enforces rules in its chat rooms and forums to prohibit sexually explicit language, profanity, and remarks that disparage or ridicule other people.
6. Links only to sites that share the intent of being family-friendly
7. Agrees to remove its family-friendly designation, if the site itself or any of its links no longer meet these criteria.
This is a good idea. The directory is somewhat limited and you can never be sure a site will be entirely safe for family viewing. But projects like this are worth trying and supporting.