Why Should Principals Support School Libraries? Well, should principals support their school libraries? Of course they should! This article lists some of the ways a prinicipal can help.
The site reads:
"How then can principals best support their libraries?
* Educate themselves to library and librarian potential.
* Reconfigure the librarian's job to maximize realization of that potential.
* Hire high-quality, forward-looking, energetic, innovative librarians.
* Provide budget resources adequate to new roles and demands.
* Effectively and accurately evaluate both the program and the librarian on jointly developed criteria recognizing library media work as simultaneously integral to instructional quality but distinct from classroom teaching itself." Full article at http://www.libraryreference.com/school-libraries.html.