UNESCO is going to be offering 11 "Training-the-Trainers in Information Literacy" workshops around the world.
The training workshops in information literacy aim to develop the skills and competencies required to become proficient in:
- articulating one’s information needs;
- searching for and retrieving needed information efficiently, with a minimum of time and effort;
- organizing the retrieved information in the forms, mediums and formats needed;
- using and communicating the information to others; and
- storing the information for future use or disposing of it.
These workshops will be held starting in May and will continue throughout the year. Countries which will host these workshops include Jamaica, Malaysia, Estonia, Canada, Turkey, China, Spain, Egypt, India, Botswana, and Peru.